Check out these delicious simple cookies from Mix Mate Nicole who shares healthy recipes over at Clean Treats Instagram + Facebook pages. We're loving the two different fillings, but think we're most taken with the chocolate ones. Heavenly treats without the guilt. Here's how to make your own:
1tbsp milk of choice
1tbsp rice malt or alternative sweetener
1tsp vanilla bean paste
Additional rice malt and cacao nibs
2tbsp Choc coconut spread (I love the food to nourish)
2tbsp raspberry chia jam *
1. Line a baking tray and set the oven to 180 degrees.
2. In a bowl combine your ingredients and mix well. With damp hands scoop out a tbsp at a time and shape into a biscuit. Complete with remaining mix and press a whole into the tops
3. Fill half of the biscuits with the chia jam and bake for about 10-12 minutes until browning.
4. Remove from oven and soften your chocolate coconut spread in the microwave if needed before filling the space in the remaining. Top with some cacao nibs.
5. While cooking spread a small amount of additional rice malt of honey on the top of the biscuit and over the chia mix to create a 'glaze'.
* 1/4c mashed raspberries with 1tbsp chia seeds well combined and left to soak into a jam thickness (about half hour)