What's better than having a raw vegan snicker bar? Definitely the one that is rich in protein, and at the same time tasting as delicious as an actual snickers bar. This recipe comes from our AMAZING Mix Mate @Angie_Lcc!
62g Fit Mixes Cookie Dough Protein Ball Mix
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1 Tbsp coconut nectar or Rice Malt Syrup
1 tsp water
Raw Caramel layer:
10 Medjool dates
1 heaped Tbsp macadamia butter (or any other nut butter)
1/2 cup raw cacao powder
1/4 cup shredded cacao butter
1/4 cup coconut oil
For the biscuit base:
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients well until it obtains a dough-like texture. Add more water if needed.
- Line the pan with baking sheets. Press the mixture into the bottom of the pan firmly and place the pan into the freezer while you are making the raw caramel.
For the raw caramel:
- Pit the dates and place them into a food processor. Process until it turns into a date paste.
- Add in your choice of nut butter and process until it is incorporated into the paste.
- Take the pan out of the freezer and spoon the caramel mixture on top of the biscuit base
- Put it back to the freezer for 1 hour until both layers are hardened and ready to cut.
For the chocolate coating:
- Melt the cacao butter using the double boiler method.
- Mix everything in a small bowl until smooth.
- Remove the pan from the freezer and cut it into 6 even slices
- Using a fork, dip the bars into the chocolate mixture. Drip off the excess chocolate mixture and place them into a baking tray.
- Repeat with the remaining bars and freeze for 30 mins until the chocolate coating is set.
- Sprinkle with cranberry powder and matcha powder ( I used the one from Matcha Maiden ) and enjoy! :)
Don't forget to tag your Fit Mix Creations on Instagram and Facebook so we can share your amazing snacks!