This AMAZING recipe comes from Mix Mate Holly Shelley at @paradise_pantry:
"These are such a perfect example of something that looks really impressive and hard but is actually super easy! And we have the Fit Mixes to thank for that. I used the Vanilla + Coconut Mix to make a yummy base that goes perfectly with the flavour and textures of the berry chia jam and peppermint choc. You can use any cookie cutter, a Christmas one or none at all. I personally think these would be great for Valentines day or just was a nice surprise to your partner in crime.". Couldn't agree more, thought we wouldn't be sharing them with anyone.
- 1 packet Vanilla + Coconut Fit Mixes
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tbs rice malt syrup
- 1 tbs water
- ½ cup organic berries (fresh or frozen)- I used blueberries
- ½ tbs rice malt syrup
- 1 tbs chia seeds
Choc peppermint layer
- 1 tbs cacao powder
- 1 drop peppermint essential oil (make sure its food grade quality) – I use Doterra
- 1 tbs Coconut oil
- ½ tbs Rice malt syrup
- 1 tbs cacao nibs
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl with your hands until it all sticks together.
- Squish it down on some baking paper until it is around 1cm thick.
- Using a cookie cutter (preferably heart shaped) cut as many as you can and put in the fridge whilst you make the chia jam.
- Pour rice malt syrup and berries into a saucepan over medium heat.
- Let them come to a simmer, and squish them with a fork so all their juices come out. Remove from heat and mix in chia seeds, let sit for 10 minutes.
- Get the base out of the fridge and spoon the jam onto each one - I used the cookie cutter
- Put in the freezer for 10 minutes
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl, remove the bites from the freezer and spoon / drizzle the chocolate mix over top and sprinkle some cacao nibs on top.
- Enjoy with a cup of tea or iced chocolate !